Dusted with icing sugar and filled with fruit, this pretty pie is a delicious and easy treat.
The ingredient of Free-form peach pie
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 x 415g can peach slices, drained
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Bought vanilla custard, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Free-form peach pie
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Heat the jam in a small saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes or until melted.
- Place the pastry on the lined tray. Spread the jam over the pastry, leaving a 2cm-wide border around the edge. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Spoon the peach into the centre of the pastry. Fold in the edges of the pastry to partially enclose the filling, leaving the centre open. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with custard, if desired.
Nutritions of Free-form peach piefatContent: 267.919 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 24 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 13 milligrams cholesterol