the pleasure of The pub-style sandwiches is dirty - ditch the cutlery, grab a napkin and eat immediately.
The ingredient of Turkish steak sandwich
- 3 small red chillies, halved, seeded
- Olive oil spray
- Olive oil, drizzle
- 4 (about 250g each) beef porterhouse or fillet steaks, cut in half horizontally
- 1 loaf Turkish bread, cut cross into 4 pieces, split
- 1 baby lettuce, separate sheets
- 125g hummus
The instruction how to make Turkish steak sandwich
- Preheat the barbecue to high intensity. Place capsicum, skin-side up, on a baking sheet. Spray with oil. Cook under the grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until blackened and blistered. Transfer to a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Peel and discard the skin. Cut them into thin strips. Place in a bowl and drizzle with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- meanwhile, heat a large frying pan or chargrill over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- While the steaks are resting, place the bread on a baking sheet and cook under the grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Divide the bread bases on serving plates. Top with the salad, steak, hummus, chilli and the rest of the bread.
Nutritions of Turkish steak sandwichfatContent: 769.58 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 51 grams protein