This light salad is perfect after days of heavy Christmas meals and makes a refreshing summer lunch of the day. The pepper salad dressing contains no oil.
The ingredient of Turkey salad with thai flavours
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 cloves of garlic, cut into two
- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves picked, stems and roots roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 600g boneless and skinless, roast turkey or barbecued chicken, finely grated
- 2 eschalots or 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 35 g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 250g green beans, trimmed, cut into two
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented, cut into pieces of 1cm
The instruction how to make Turkey salad with thai flavours
- To make the dressing, mix the peppercorns in a small skillet, over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Cool, then finely grind using a mortar and pestle. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt, and grind to a paste. Transfer to a food processor with the coriander stems and roots, lime juice and fish sauce, and process until well combined.
- Mix the turkey, eschalots and dressing in a large bowl and set aside.
- how sweet toasted coconut, place coconut, sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a small non-stick frying pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the coconut is toasted. Cool.
- Cook the green beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again.
- Add the green beans, cucumbers, mint, coriander leaves and three-quarters of the toasted coconut to the turkey mixture and toss gently to mix.
- Divide the turkey, the salad in bowls and sprinkle with the remaining toasted coconut and grapefruit to serve
Nutritions of Turkey salad with thai flavoursfatContent: 265.051 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein