Turkey mince is low in fat alternative. Try it in this tasty bolognese sauce.
The ingredient of Turkey bolognese
- 1 quantity Basic tomato sauce (see recipe)
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 branch of celery, finely chopped
- 400g turkey mince
- 375g penne rigate
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat pizza cheese
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Turkey bolognese
- Basic tomato sauce, add the carrots, the celery and the minced meat with the onion in step 1. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Continue from step 2.
- during this time, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following the directions of the package, until tender. Drain. Return to the pot. Add to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the barbecue to high intensity. Spoon the pasta mixture into six 1 1/2 cup capacity ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Turkey bolognesefatContent: 713.415 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 89.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 40.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 71 milligrams cholesterol