This super-soft poached turkey recipe is sure to take center stage, at Christmas this year.
The ingredient of Colin-poached turkey breast with the leg of lamb and turkey, fat potatoes
- 6kg free-range turkey, rinsed and patted dry, marylands deleted
- 1/4 bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked, chopped, plus 4 whole sprigs
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- 250g of butter at room temperature
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 kg potatoes, Desiree, peeled, cut in half
- 6L chicken broth
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) dry sherry
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic bulb, cut into two
- 1/4 bunch of fresh thyme
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 4 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 185ml (3/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, the juice
- 2 (50g) French shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh continental leaves, persil, coarsely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, fresh, deseeded, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Colin-poached turkey breast with the leg of lamb and turkey, fat potatoes
- Place the turkey crown in a large pot or saucepan and add all the poaching liquid ingredients. Add water if necessary to completely cover the turkey. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Poach for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set aside for 3 to 4 hours or until the breast is cooked. Remove the turkey from the liquid, reserving the poaching liquid.
- during this time, preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Combine the chopped thyme, the zest, the garlic, the ginger and half the butter in a bowl. Season. Run your fingers under the maryland skin to loosen. Place the butter mixture under the skin. Use your hands to evenly distribute. Season with sea salt.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan over medium heat. Add half of the potato, cut-side down, and half of the remaining butter. Cook for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and butter. Return the potatoes to the pan. Add the sprigs of thyme and 1 cup poaching liquid. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- put in Place a grid directly on the roasting pan. Top with the marylands. Roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven to 170C/150C fan forced. Roast for 45 to 55 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. Set aside for 25 minutes to rest.
- For the chimichurri, place the thyme, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a mortar and pound with a pestle until finely crushed. Transfer to a bowl. Add the zest, juice, shallot, mint, persil, pepper and the rest of the oil. Season. Stir to mix well.
- Remove the skin of the turkey from the crown and discard. Carve the chest. Serve with marylands, potatoes, and chimichurri.
Nutritions of Colin-poached turkey breast with the leg of lamb and turkey, fat potatoesfatContent: 1120.432 calories
saturatedFatContent: 82 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 29 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 76 grams protein