An easy stuffed roast turkey recipe that is sure to impress. Perfect for Christmas or any other special occasion.
The ingredient of Roasted with lemon and oregano turkey
- 4kg Coles butcher whole turkey
- 100g Coles butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 small lemons, cut into two
- 1 tbsp Coles pure olive oil
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup currants
- 85g packet of pistachios, toasted, chopped
- Coles-free egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Roasted with lemon and oregano turkey
- Preheat the oven to 180 u00b0 c or 160 fan. Rinse turkey (including cavity) under cold running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- mix the butter, garlic, lemon zest and oregano, and season well. Using your fingers, gently loosen skin from breast meat and push the butter mixture under the skin.
- To make the stuffing, mix the rice, currants, pistachio, and egg, and season well. Fill the cavity with the rice stuffing, and then 2 halves of lemon. Secure cavity with a skewer and tie the legs with kitchen twine. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, brush with oil and season well. Squeeze remaining lemon on the turkey. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 1 hour 20 minutes, or until the juices run clear when a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of the turkey. Rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutritions of Roasted with lemon and oregano turkeyfatContent: