Ho-ho-how can you not give this turkey recipe a go of this silly season?
The ingredient of Turkey with pancetta and herb stuffing
- 3.2 kg (size 32) frozen turkey buffe, defrosted following package instructions
- 40g of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Massel chicken-style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g of butter
- 100 g of thin slices of pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups stale white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of persil fresh, persil dish, leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Turkey with pancetta and herb stuffing
- Make pancetta and herb stuffing: Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta, the onion and the garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove in a bowl. Add the bread crumbs, persil, basil, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Place the rack in the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Remove excess fat from the cavity of the turkey (see note).
- loosely fill neck cavity of turkey with one-quarter of the stuffing. Fill the main cavity of the turkey with the rest of the stuffing. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan on a rack. Combine the butter and oil in a bowl. Baste the turkey. Cover turkey with baking paper, then a layer of aluminum foil.
- Roast turkey for 1 hour. Remove from the oven. Remove the foil and the paper. Baste the turkey with the cooking juices. Re-cover and return to oven. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, brushing with pan juices after 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven. Discard foil and baking paper. Baste the turkey with the cooking juices. Return to the oven. Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until golden and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the turkey. Remove to a large plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Remove the cooking juice to the saucepan over medium heat. Add in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in stock until smooth. Increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Carve the turkey. Arrange on a platter. Serve with the stuffing and the sauce.
Nutritions of Turkey with pancetta and herb stuffingfatContent: 516.957 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 68.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 260 milligrams cholesterol