These moreish Christmas-inspired sausage roll bites have the perfect combination of sweet and savoury flavours - try and stop at one!
The ingredient of Turkey, brie and apricot sausage roll bites recipe
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g turkey mince
- 50 g brie cheese, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of apricot jam
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 sheets of frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed, cut into two
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
The instruction how to make Turkey, brie and apricot sausage roll bites recipe
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Add the minced meat, brie cheese, jam, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 200 u00b0 C/180 u00b0 C fan forced. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 1 piece of dough on a flat surface. Spoon u00bd cup turkey mixture, 1 long side of pastry. Roll up to enclose filling, pressing gently to seal. Repeat with the remaining pieces of pastry and the turkey mix to make 6 rolls. Cut the ends.
- Cut each roll into 7 pieces. Place prepared trays. Brush with the egg. Combine the salt, pepper and the remaining thyme in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the rolls. Refrigerate the rolls for 20 minutes or until cool.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. To serve.
Nutritions of Turkey, brie and apricot sausage roll bites recipefatContent: 96.795 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 17 milligrams cholesterol