Stuffed with a tasty lemon, the bacon and breadcrumb mixture, this turkey rolled will be a Christmas Day hit.
The ingredient of Lemon myrtle rolled roast turkey breast recipe
- 60g butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed, white part only, finely chopped
- 3 middle bacon slices, chopped, chopped finely
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh persil tv, leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground lemon myrtle
- 2 x 1.5 kg fresh single turkey breast with skin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 800g green beans, trimmed
- 4 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- Sauce, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Flakes of toasted almonds, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon myrtle rolled roast turkey breast recipe
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, the bacon and 3/4 of the garlic. Cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool. Add the breadcrumbs, the persil and lemon myrtle. Season. Stir to mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 u00b0 c/160 fan-forced. Using a sharp knife, cut 1 turkey breast along 1 side (do not cut all the way through). Open the turkey flat, skin side down. Cover the turkey with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, flatten until 1cm thick. Remove the plastic wrap. Top with half of the stuffing, pressing down evenly to flatten. Roll up the turkey, from the 1st short-term, in the form of a journal. Tie with kitchen string at 4cm intervals to secure. Place in a large roasting pan. Repeat with the rest of the turkey breast and the stuffing. Brush turkey with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season.
- Roast turkey for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with the juices, until cooked. Stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the beans and asparagus for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain. Put it back in the saucepan with the remaining oil and the garlic. Stir to combine. -yyy-Slice the turkey. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and the almonds. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Nutritions of Lemon myrtle rolled roast turkey breast recipefatContent: 634.545 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 8.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 59.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 143 milligrams cholesterol