Loaded with vegetables, these quick and easy turkey mince submarines are ready in just 25 minutes.
The ingredient of Turkey patties with smashed pesto peas recipe
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 80g feta, crumbled
- 450 g (3 cups) frozen baby peas
- 1 tablespoon bought basil pesto
- 4 long crusty bread rolls
- 120g pkt baby spinach and arugula
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic glaze
The instruction how to make Turkey patties with smashed pesto peas recipe
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander and use your hands to squeeze out any excess moisture, then transfer to a large bowl. Add turkey, chives, and 30 g of feta. Season and shape into twelve 2cm-thick patties.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Place over medium heat. Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- meanwhile, place the peas in a large saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to the pot. Use a potato masher or fork to crush the pea, keep a little texture, and then mix the pesto and the rest of the feta. Season.
- Slice rolls down center, being careful not to cut all the way through. Top with spinach and arugula, patties, peas mixture, cranberries and pine nuts. A drizzle of balsamic and serve.
Nutritions of Turkey patties with smashed pesto peas recipefatContent: 624.268 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41.5 grams protein