For a classic Christmas main, no-frills, try our cranberries and pecans, the roasted turkey of the stuffing can be prepared the night before for the next day (without egg) and stored in the fridge!
The ingredient of Cranberry and pecan stuffed turkey recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (140 g) finely chopped day-old Coles Best by Lawrence White Sourdough Vienna*
- 1/3 cup (45 g) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (40 g) of toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage
- 1 Coles Australian Free Egg, lightly beaten
- finely 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Small Turkey Buffet (approximately 2.8 kg)
- 1.5 kg Kent pumpkin, seeded, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
The instruction how to make Cranberry and pecan stuffed turkey recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Add the bread, cranberries, pecans, sage, egg and lemon zest to the onion mixture. Stir to mix well.
- Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Spoon stuffing into the neck cavity and remove the excess skin to attach, securing with a skewer. Place the turkey in a large heavy-based roasting pan. Pour remaining stuffing into the body cavity. Spray the turkey with olive oil spray. Season. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, greased.
- Roast the turkey for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the aluminum foil. Add the pumpkin and red onion in the pan. Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 1 hour or until the turkey is golden and the juices run clear when the breast is pierced with a skewer. Cover with aluminum foil. Set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- Cut the turkey into slices and serve with the grilled vegetables.
Nutritions of Cranberry and pecan stuffed turkey recipefatContent: