Serve gourmet-style main of Christmas with this rolled turkey breast done with a nectarine and pecan stuffing
The ingredient of turkey Rolled with nectarines and pecan stuffing recipe
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 nectarines, yellow, stones removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 1.5 kg fresh single turkey breast with skin
- 1 cup ginger jam
- Roasted vegetables, to serve
- Sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make turkey Rolled with nectarines and pecan stuffing recipe
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to let cool completely. Add the bread crumbs, egg, rosemary, and mustard. Mix well to combine. Stir in the nectarines and pecans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1 turkey breast along 1 side (do not cut all the way through). Open the turkey flat, skin side down (see notes). Cover the turkey with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, flatten until 1cm thick. Remove the plastic wrap. Top with half of the stuffing, pressing down evenly to flatten. Roll up the turkey, from the 1st short-term, in the form of a journal. Tie with kitchen string at 4cm intervals to secure. Place on a large baking paper lined baking tray. Repeat the process with the rest of the turkey breast and the stuffing.
- Preheat the oven to 180 u00b0 c/160 fan-forced. Brush turkey with half of the marmalade. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Brush with the rest of the recipe. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting with the cooking juices, until the turkey is cooked. Stand, covered, for 15 minutes. The slice of turkey. Serve with roast vegetables and gravy.
Nutritions of turkey Rolled with nectarines and pecan stuffing recipefatContent: 927.798 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 85.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 69.1 grams protein