Wrapped with crispy bacon and roasted with lemon, this Christmas turkey is guaranteed to please the crowd.
The ingredient of Roasted lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipe
- 4kg whole turkey
- 500g packet streaky bacon, cut in half on the length
- 2 small lemons, thinly sliced
- 50g melted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- asparagus in Butter, to serve
- buttered green beans, to serve
- without skin 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 100 g of butter in pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon thyme leaves, plus sprigs to serve
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh persil flat, leaf
- 4 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Roasted lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipe
- To make the cranberry and hazelnut stuffing: Place the hazelnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until golden and browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and the herbs. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the hazelnuts in a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Add the breadcrumbs and the cranberries. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 180 u00b0 c/160 fan-forced. Remove and discard neck from turkey. Pat dry with a paper towel. Loosely fill neck cavity with part of the stuffing. Using toothpicks, secure the skin on the neck of the cavity to enclose the stuffing. Fill large cavity with remaining stuffing. Secure skin over cavity with toothpicks. Tie legs with kitchen twine. Tuck wings under the turkey
- put in Place a greased rack in a large flameproof roasting pan. Place the turkey on a rack. Using the picture as a guide, arrange the bacon and the lemon slices, slightly overlapping on the turkey breasts. Secure with toothpicks. Brush the turkey with the melted butter. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, greased.
- turkey Roast for 2 hours. Remove and discard the sheet. Brush with the maple syrup. Roast, basting turkey every 15 minutes with the cooking juices for a period of 45 minutes, or until the turkey is golden and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Transfer the turkey to a plate. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Rest for 15 minutes. Remove the toothpick. Sprinkle with extra thyme. Serve with asparagus and green beans.
Nutritions of Roasted lemon and bacon-wrapped turkey recipefatContent: 995.674 calories
saturatedFatContent: 57.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 23.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 58.9 grams protein