All the best seafood makes this a gourmet broth suitable for the most special of occasions.
The ingredient of Grilled mixed seafood and saffron, the broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 1 x 100mg pkt (1 tsp) saffron threads
- 500 ml (2 cups) of broth of fish
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 raw Balmain bugs, halved lengthwise
- 8 (about 350g) large green prawns, peeled, leaving heads and tails intact, deveined
- 2 (about 275g each) salmon fillets, skin removed, cut into pieces of 2cm
- 12 (about 400g) scallops, roe attached, drained on paper towel
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh continental persil
The instruction how to make Grilled mixed seafood and saffron, the broth
- Place the wine in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat. Add the saffron and set aside for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Add the fish stock to the wine mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until the liquid thickens slightly. Add the butter and stir until butter melts. Remove from the heat.
- during this time, preheat a chargrill on high. Combine the oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush the Balmain bugs and prawns with garlic-in-oil. Cook Balmain bugs, cut-side down, and the shrimp on the grill preheated for 3 minutes or until they change colour and are just cooked. Remove from the grill. Divide among the serving bowls.
- Brush salmon pieces with garlic-in-oil. Add to the grill and cook for 1 minute on each side for mediumrare, or until cooked to your liking. Divide among the serving bowls.
- Brush scallops with oil and garlic. Add to the grill and cook for 1 minute on each side or until opaque and just cooked. Divide among the serving bowls.
- Ladle hot saffron broth over the mixture of seafood. Sprinkle with persil and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Grilled mixed seafood and saffron, the brothfatContent: 615.903 calories
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 74 grams protein