to be much more than meets the eye to the tree-like broccoli. It is a concentrate of nutrients that can be steamed, sautéed, or pureed into the soup. Try it in this cheesy side.
The ingredient of Broccoli and blue cheese gratin
- 600g of broccoli, broken into flowers, stems cut into 1cm-thick matchstick
- 40g of butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of lower fat milk
- a Pinch of ground nutmeg
- White pepper
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
The instruction how to make Broccoli and blue cheese gratin
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Cook the broccoli florets, and the stems 2 minutes. Drain. Place the broccoli in a 1.5 L (6 cups) capacity baking dish. Wipe the pan dry.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat. Gradually add the milk, whisking until smooth. Return to the heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens and begins to boil. Stir in the nutmeg and season with salt and white pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the broccoli. Garnish with the blue cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Nutritions of Broccoli and blue cheese gratinfatContent: 223.465 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein