Recreate the way you used traditional Christmas stuffing with these bite-size bacon and mushroom balls.
The ingredient of French Onion balls with stuffing recipe
- 100 g of butter in pieces
- 4 shortcut bacon slices, finely chopped
- 200g of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs, such as sage, thyme and persil)
- 4 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 35g packet salt reduced French onion soup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto, cut in half length
The instruction how to make French Onion balls with stuffing recipe
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 12 minutes or until tender and the butter is golden. Add the garlic and the herbs. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs and soup mix in the mushroom mixture. Season with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 u00b0 C/180 u00b0 C fan forced. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the egg to the mixture. Stir until combined. Using 2 tablespoons at a time, shape the mixture into 16 balls. Wrap 1 piece of ham around each ball. Place on the prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritions of French Onion balls with stuffing recipefatContent: