Prepare the perfect stock to use as a base for soups, stews, risottos and more
The ingredient of White-chicken broth
- 2 kg of raw chicken, bone
- 4.5 L (18 cups) of cold water
- 2 large brown onions, unpeeled, chopped
- 3 large carrots, unpeeled, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, cut into pieces
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves-dried
- 4 stems of persil fresh
The instruction how to make White-chicken broth
- Place the chicken bones and water in a large stock pot and bring to a boil over medium heat (it is important when making your own stock to use fresh bones and vegetables). As the water comes to a boil, use a fine slotted spoon or metal sieve to remove the foam that rises to the surface.
- during this time, the bouquet garni, place the thyme, bay leaves, and stems of persil in the middle of the muslin cloth. Fix the beam with a piece of unwaxed white kitchen string.
- Add the bouquet garni, onion, carrot, celery and peppercorns in the stock pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat, skim the foam that rises to the surface. Once the stock came to a boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 1/2 hours, control of the stock and skimming the surface every 20 to 30 minutes (the longer you cook the stock the more flavour you extract from the vegetables and bones).
- Remove the paper from the heat and set aside for 1 hour to cool slightly (its safer and easier to cool the stock before straining). Place a fine sieve over a bowl. Carefully ladle the stock into the sieve. Drain. Discard the solids left in the sieve. Repeat with the rest of the stock. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cover the stock with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator. Once cooled, the fat in the stock will be placed on the surface. Use a large metal spoon to carefully remove the layer of solid fat from the top of the stock. Discard the grease. Use the stock as required or transfer to freezerproof airtight containers. Label, date and freeze for up to 3 months. The thawing of the stock overnight in the fridge.
Nutritions of White-chicken brothfatContent: