Catering for a crowd is easy with this vegetarian spinach cob loaf by taste member, jennybowen.
The ingredient of Spinach cob loaf
- 450g cob loaf
- 250g frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 250ml tub of sour cream
- 30g packet Spring vegetable soup mix at the
The instruction how to make Spinach cob loaf
- Preheat the oven to 180 u00b0 c/160 fan-forced. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut to 4cm wide at the top of the scoop of the bread to form the lid. Scoop bread from centre of loaf, leaving a 1.5 cm edge. Tear or roughly chop the bread pieces.
- squeeze out any excess moisture from the spinach, discarding any liquid. Combine the spinach, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, and soup mix in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- pour the mixture into the bread. Top with lid. Cover with aluminum foil. Place on the prepared tray. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil. Arrange bread pieces in a single layer around bread. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until bread pieces are lightly toasted.
- Serve with extra crackers and cut up vegetables, if desired.
Nutritions of Spinach cob loaffatContent: 357.783 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4.4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 21 milligrams cholesterol