A super simple starter to warm the soul and win over your guests.
The ingredient of Creamy parsnip soup with parmesan snow flakes
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 750g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 250g of potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 LITRE (4 cups) of Massel chicken-style liquid stock
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme tips
- Cream, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy parsnip soup with parmesan snow flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200 u00b0 C/180 u00b0 C fan forced. Melt half of the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, chopped garlic, and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add the parsnips and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the broth and season. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- during this time, the parmesan, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place tablespoons of parmesan cheese, with 6 on each prepared tray, allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Transfer the parsnip mixture in a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the stove over low heat. Stir in cream and cook gently until hot.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. When the butter stops foaming, add the thyme tips. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the butter begins to brown and nut brown.
- Divide the soup among the warmed bowls. Drizzle with the butter and thyme and a little more cream. Serve with the parmesan cheese.
Nutritions of Creamy parsnip soup with parmesan snow flakesfatContent: 411.797 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7.8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 82 milligrams cholesterol