becoming a vegetarian this Christmas with our Meat Monday meals of a superb sweet potato and leek roulade.
The ingredient of Sweet potato and leek roulade with stuffing for Christmas
- 20 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 60g butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 300 ml milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 30g of butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups of white bread cost
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon of persil flat
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 15g of butter
- 100ml thin cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
The instruction how to make Sweet potato and leek roulade with stuffing for Christmas
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line a 39 x 26cm Swiss roll pan.
- To make the roulade, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the leeks and cook gently for five minutes until soft. Remove the leek from the pan. Wipe the pan, then add the butter. When it is melted, add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Start adding the milk, a little at a time, whisking until all the milk is combined and the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat, beat in the egg yolks, one at a time and the season.
- In a separate, clean bowl, beat eggwhites until firm. Add a quarter of the eggwhites to the roux, then gently fold in the remaining eggwhites. Fold in leeks and cheddar until just combined, then pour into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- during this time, to make the stuffing, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and breadcrumbs and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Stir in the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the filling, steam or boil the sweet potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with the butter, the cream and the nutmeg. Season well and set aside.
- When the roulade is cooked, place a clean towel on your workbench and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Turn the roulade onto the tea towel and peel off the baking paper. Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then spread the sweet potato over the roulade.
- Sprinkle the stuffing over the sweet potato. Using the edge of the tea towel, carefully roll up the roulade from the longest side finishing with the seam-side down. Cut into slices and serve warm with the salad of arugula and glazed eschallots (shallots).
Nutritions of Sweet potato and leek roulade with stuffing for ChristmasfatContent: 504.29 calories
saturatedFatContent: 34 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 32 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 16 grams protein
sodiumContent: 221 milligrams cholesterol