Heres a good way to eat the sweet, crunchy Lebanese cucumbers on warm January days - pureed in a chilled soup served with succulent shrimp.
The ingredient of chilled cucumber soup with shrimp to the Cajun
- 3 (approximately 600g) Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18 green prawns, peeled, leaving the tails intact
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- Mint leaves, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make chilled cucumber soup with shrimp to the Cajun
- Place the cucumber, buttermilk, water, shallot, chopped mint and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large pitcher. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until well chilled.
- To butterfly the prawns, use a small, sharp knife to cut a slit in the longitudinal direction the centre of the back of each shrimp (do not cut all the way through). Devein. Gently open each prawn and press down slightly to flatten. Place the shrimp in a bowl. Add the seasoning and mix to coat well.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add half of shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls and arrange 3 prawns in the centre. Sprinkle with mint leaves to serve.
Nutritions of chilled cucumber soup with shrimp to the CajunfatContent: 99.185 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein