warm up your festive affair with this creamy soup that can be whipped up the night before Christmas".
The ingredient of potato and onion soup with sour cream
- 20g of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 500g Sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into pieces (see note)
- 750 ml (3 cups) of Massel chicken-style liquid stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 125 g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 1 x 50g btl salmon caviar
- sprigs Fresh dill, to serve
The instruction how to make potato and onion soup with sour cream
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the onion is tender but not coloured.
- Add the potatoes and the broth. Increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the potato is very soft. Discover. Leave to cool slightly.
- Use a stick blender to mix until smooth. If not, transfer half of the potato mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- add the milk, stirring. Place the soup over medium heat and stir until hot.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, a teaspoon of caviar and dill to serve.
Nutritions of potato and onion soup with sour creamfatContent: 195.263 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 46 milligrams cholesterol