impress your guests with this stunning seafood starter.
The ingredient of Sour shrimp and mussel soup
- 1.5 L (6 cups) cold water
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, pale section only, sliced diagonally
- 8cm-piece of galanga, fresh, peeled, thinly sliced
- 5 purple eschalots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves, centre vein removed, torn
- 500g medium green prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact, deveined
- 500g black mussels, washed, brushed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fish sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh lime juice
- 2 fresh red birdseye chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, leaves picked, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Sour shrimp and mussel soup
- Put water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the lemongrass, galangal, eschalot and lime leaves and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, mussels, and fish sauce and cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until the mussels open. Remove from the heat. Discard mussels that are not open.
- Add the lime juice, chilli and coriander and mix. Ladle soup among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Sour shrimp and mussel soupfatContent: 71.7 calories
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
sodiumContent: 67 milligrams cholesterol