This Turkey Noodle Soup is a delicious way to use up those Christmas day leftovers.
The ingredient of Turkey noodle soup
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 2 cups of leftover turkey meat, sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 limes, cut into quarters
- 1 roast turkey carcass (see tip)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cm-piece of ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 10 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Coles Brand brown sugar
The instruction how to make Turkey noodle soup
- To make the stock, combine turkey bones, onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, star anise, peppercorns and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the liquid reduces slightly. Strain through a sieve into a clean saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Season with the fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, then drain. Divide between bowls. Add the slices of turkey. Ladle the hot broth into bowls and add top with mint, coriander, onions and chilli. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Turkey noodle soupfatContent: