For a dessert of Christmas with a difference, try our fruit thin slice which has all the aromatic flavours of the season.
The ingredient of the Night before Christmas slice
- 2 cups of mixed dried fruit
- 410 g of fresh minced meat
- 150g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, dim
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 125g pecan
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
The instruction how to make the Night before Christmas slice
- Combine dried fruit, fruit, the meat, the butter, the sugar, the orange zest, the juice and 1/3 cup brandy in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Remove in a large bowl. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. Grease a 4cm-deep, 19cm x 29cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both ends.
- Add the eggs and the flour dried fruit in the mixture. Stir to mix well. Spread mixture on the prepared pan. Garnish with walnuts. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- mix the jam and remaining brandy in a heat-resistant, microwave in a bowl. Microwave on medium-high (70%) for 30 seconds or until jam melts. Brush cake top with jam. Cover with aluminum foil. Let cool in the pan in a cool and dark place for the night. Cut them into pieces. To serve.
Nutritions of the Night before Christmas slicefatContent: 230.635 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.2 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 2.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 32 milligrams cholesterol