A magical Christmas cake, easy to prepare and perfect for a large crowd.
The ingredient of dark chocolate and stout cake with fruits
- 250g butter, chopped
- 3 cups of mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup prunes chopped
- 1/3 cup red glace cherries, quartered
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons of spices for gingerbread
- 2 tablespoons NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Cocoa
- 2/3 cup malt beer
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- Blanched almonds, to decorate
The instruction how to make dark chocolate and stout cake with fruits
- Place the butter, mixed dried fruit, raisins, prunes, cherries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Set aside to let cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 150 u00b0 C/130 u00b0 C fan forced. Line a 6cm deep, 20 cm square cake pan with 3 layers of baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edges of the pan.
- Add the eggs to the cooled mixture. Stir to mix well. Sift over the flour, spices and cocoa. Mix well. Stir in the beer and the chocolate. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Top-level. Tap pan gently on the bench to remove any air bubbles. Top-level. Arrange almonds on top of cake in a decorative pattern, pressing gently to secure.
- Bake in the oven for 3 hours or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean (cover cake loosely with foil during cooking if over-browning).
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the cake in the mould, packaging aluminum foil on the sides of the pan. Place a wooden plank on the top of the cake and turn upside down to cool completely in the pan. Remove the cake from the mould and serve.
Nutritions of dark chocolate and stout cake with fruitsfatContent: 401.281 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 56 milligrams cholesterol