This Christmas tree is the favorite of all - it is spectacular and tastes even better!
The ingredient of Christmas truffle tree
- 500g light fruitcake, coarsely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate melts, melted
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
- White glitter
- Silver glitter
- Desiccated coconut
- 375g pkt white chocolate melts
The instruction how to make Christmas truffle tree
- Place the cake in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Incorporate the chocolate, brandy and jam. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with non-stick baking paper. Mix the cake mix. Roll 2-teaspoon amount of the cake mixture into balls and place on the lined trays. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place white sequins, silver sequins and the desiccated coconut on three separate plates. Melt a 375g pkt white chocolate melts following packet directions. Line a tray with non-stick baking paper. Use a truffle dipper or fork to dip 1 truffle into chocolate to coat. Remove, by pressing the fork or dipper on the edge of the bowl to shake off the excess chocolate. Roll in sprinkles or coconut. Repeat with the remaining truffles, white, glitter, silver, glitter and coconut. Place on lined tray. Put aside until set.
- Assemble the tree: From the base of the cone, insert a toothpick at the right angle in the cone. Place a coconut truffle on the toothpick to attach. Repeat, alternating truffles, to create a line of truffles around the base. Continue, inserting each toothpick at an angle of 45 degrees, with the rest of the truffles to cover the cone completely. Decorate with ribbon and baubles.
Nutritions of Christmas truffle treefatContent: