Heres a simplified version of the traditional gingerbread house that the children can help put together using store bought favorites.
The ingredient of Christmas homemade
- 80 g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 3 savoiardi (sponge finger biscuits)
- 2 Arnotts Hundreds and Thousands biscuits
- 4 Arnotts Tina Wafers
- 2 Arnotts Iced Vo Vo biscuits
- 2 of the spearmint leaf lollies
- 1 licorice allsort, halved diagonally
- icing sugar, extra, dust
The instruction how to make Christmas homemade
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl. Add enough water to make a thick paste. Place in a piping bag fitted with a 4mm plain nozzle.
- Trim 1 long side of 2 biscuits savoiardi. Trim both sides of the remaining biscuits savoiardi. Reserve 1 trim piece. Pipe icing along the cut sides. Press the iced side of the cookie to get.
- Hundreds and Thousands biscuits, pink-side down on a clean work surface. Pipe icing along 2 short sides of each biscuit. Press the edge of 1 plate in the icing on 1 cookie. Repeat with another pad on the opposite side. Top with the remaining Hundreds and Thousands biscuit, icing side down, to make 4 walls. Put aside until set. Pipe icing along the base of walls. Arrange on top of the biscuits savoiardi base and press gently. Put aside until set.
- Cut 1 of the remaining wafers in half diagonally to get 2 triangles. Pipe icing on the edge of the long side of each wafer triangle. Press the edges of the front and rear walls of the house. Put aside until set. Place Iced Vo Vo biscuits, pink-side down on a clean work surface. Pipe icing along 2 short sides of each biscuit. The press, the formation of ice to the bottom, on the edges of each wafer triangle for the roof. Put aside until set. Pipe icing along the cut side of reserved savoiardi biscuit. Place along the roof. Put aside until set.
- Cut a small square and the rest of the pack to make a door. Pipe icing along the base and up to 1 end of the house. Pipe icing along the base of each leaf lolly. The Square in front of the house to the trees. Pipe frosting on the cut side of 1 liquorice allsort in half. Place it on the side of the roof to make a chimney. Put aside until set. Sprinkle with icing sugar
Nutritions of Christmas homemadefatContent: 829.33 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 171 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein