This noble Christmas cake is ideal for serving a large Christmas collection. The white chocolate butter cream is the perfect complement to the mint of the candy canes.
The ingredient of White chocolate candy cane cake
- 375g butter, chopped
- 250g white chocolate, chopped
- 645 g (3 cups) of powdered sugar
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) milk
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) white flour
- 115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Candy canes, crushed, to decorate
- Edible gold dust, to decorate
- 300g of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 500g of sugar in the mixture
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 300g white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 to 2 drops pink food coloring
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) powdered sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 4 egg whites
The instruction how to make White chocolate candy cane cake
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Grease the bottom and sides of two 20cm round cake pans and line with baking paper.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a large saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Sift the flour over the chocolate mixture. Stir to mix well. Add the eggs and mix. Pour evenly between the prepared pans. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside in the pans and let cool completely.
- For the buttercream, use electric mixer to beat the butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar and milk, in alternating batches, beating well after each addition. Add the white chocolate and mix until smooth and combined. Tint pale pink with food coloring.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the top of the cakes to flatten. Cut each cake in half horizontally. 1 cake base on a plate. Spread with a third of the butter cream. Repeat the layering with the remaining cake and buttercream, finishing with a cake.
- For the Italian meringue, combine sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, brushing down the side of the pan with a pastry brush wet to prevent sugar crystal formation. Increase the heat to high. Cook, without stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture reaches 115C (soft ball stage) on a sugar thermometer. While the syrup continues to cook, use electric beater to whisk the egg whites in a bowl until firm peaks form. When the syrup reaches 120 u00b0 C (hard ball stage) and with the mixer at low speed, gradually add syrup to egg white mixture. Increase the speed to high. Whisk for 10 minutes or until thick, glossy and cool. Spread half of the meringue on the top and sides of the cake. Put the remaining meringue in a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle. Pipe peaks on top of cake. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes and powdered gold.
Nutritions of White chocolate candy cane cakefatContent: