You know Christmas is here when you smell the beautiful aromas of this traditional pudding.
The ingredient of Christmas pudding
- Melted butter, to grease
- 100 g sultanas
- 100g of raisins
- 100g dried pitted dates, chopped
- 100g dried dessert figs, chopped
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 50 g glace cherries, chopped
- 50g mixed glace fruits (such as pineapple), chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brandy
- 125g of softened butter
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 125g of good quality dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 160 g (1/2 cup) canned pie apple
- 75 g (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 55 g (3/4 cup) breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Christmas pudding
- Brush a 1-LITRE (4-cup) capacity heat-resistant, microwave pudding basin with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Combine the raisins, raisins, dates, figs, apricots, cherries and ice and fruit in a glass or ceramic bowl. Place brandy in a heat-resistant, microwave jug. Cover with plastic wrap and cook/800watts/100% for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Pour the brandy over the fruit mixture and stir to mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to macerate.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and syrup in a large bowl until thick and pale. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the melted chocolate and the fruit mixture and stir until well combined. Add the apple, flour, breadcrumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture in the preparation of the basin. Cover with 2 layers of baking paper. Tie unwaxed white kitchen string under the rim of the basin to secure. Cook on Defrost/350watts/30% for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Drizzle with the cognac extra and set aside for 15 minutes. Turn pudding onto a plate and cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Christmas puddingfatContent: 650.319 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 96 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 82 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein