This traditional German fruitcake is sure to become a Christmas favorite.
The ingredient of stollen Christmas
- 2 1/2 cups (375 g) white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup (165 g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (90 g) almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 100g of unsalted butter, cold, cut, more melted butter to brush
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 egg-1 yellow
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1/3 cup candied mixed peel
- 1 cup (160 g) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherries
- 1 tablespoon silver cachous
The instruction how to make stollen Christmas
- Briefly pulse the flour, baking powder, powdered sugar, flour, cardamom, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in processor to combine. Add the butter and cheese and pulse until a sandy mixture. Add egg, egg yolk, milk, brandy, vanilla and almond extracts, and the process to obtain a dough, then turn onto a floured bench. Sprinkle with the sultanas and peel, and then knead until incorporated and dough is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and line a baking sheet. On a floured surface, roll out dough to a 24cm x 36cm rectangle. With 1 long side facing you, fold a third of the dough away from you into the center, then fold again to make a long rectangle (about 12 cm x 36 cm). Place fold down on the plate, brush with melted butter, then bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until slightly risen and golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- during this time, gradually stir in the icing sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of water to make a soft ice. Drizzle over cooled stollen, then sprinkle with the cherries and cachous.
Nutritions of stollen ChristmasfatContent: 642.671 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
sugarContent: 91 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein