We have combined two great classic Christmas, desserts in a decadent treat that will have young and old asking for more.
The ingredient of Black Forest Christmas pudding recipe
- 190 g (1 1/4 cup) of white flour, 50 g (1/3 cup), extra
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 150g of glace cherries
- 140 g (1 cup) of cherries
- 140 g (2 cups lightly packed) breadcrumbs, stale
- 125 g (1/2 cup) finely chopped dried soft figs
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped, molten, serve
- 95 g (1/2 cup) finely chopped prunes
- 80 g (1/2 cup) currants
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 185g unsalted butter, melted
- 80ml (1/3 cup) kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Fresh cherries, to serve
- dark chocolate shards, to decorate (see note)
- dark cocoa, to dust
- Custard, thick cream or ice cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Black Forest Christmas pudding recipe
- Soak a 80 cm square of calico in a large bowl of cold water for the night.
- mix the flour, sugar, candied cherries, cherries, breadcrumbs, figs, dark chocolate, prunes, raisins, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, melted butter, kirsch, eggs and orange juice in a large bowl.
- Remove the cheesecloth with cold water and wring it out to remove excess water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the calico and boil. Wear dishwashing gloves, use pliers to remove the cheesecloth and squeeze out the water. Spread out on a clean work surface.
- Sprinkle with extra flour in the center of the cheesecloth, and rub it in a grand tour, leaving a height of 5 cm from the edge. Transfer the mixture to pudding in the center of the canvas. Gather up the corners and twist the pudding in a round. Tie tightly with a large piece of kitchen string, allowing the string of above
- Slowly add the pudding to the boiling water and tie the excess string to the handles of pots and pans. Cover and boil for 51 u20442 hours, topping up with boiling water if necessary.
- Carefully untie the string from the door handle and remove the pudding from the water. Hang over a bowl for 10 minutes or until the calico seems to be dry. Unwrap and transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with melted chocolate, top with fresh cherries, chocolate flakes and a dusting of cocoa. Serve with custard, cream or ice cream.
Nutritions of Black Forest Christmas pudding recipefatContent: