Get the jump on your Christmas baking by making this classic fruit cake now. Well-wrapped and it will be perfect to serve, or give as a gift, on Christmas Day!
The ingredient of Christmas fruit cake
- 600 g sultanas
- 400 g raisins
- 200g currants
- 100g glacu00e9 cherries, cut into quarters
- 100g glace orange slices, finely chopped
- 80g glace ginger, finely chopped
- 290ml brandy
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of spices for gingerbread
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Ground Ginger
- 250g softened butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Pure icing sugar, serve
The instruction how to make Christmas fruit cake
- Place dried fruit, glace fruit and 1 cup brandy in a large airtight container. Mix well. Cover and stand overnight or preferably for 1 week, stirring from time to time.
- Lightly grease a 9cm deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with brown paper and baking paper (see note). Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. Sift the flours and spices in a bowl. Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the marmalade and 1 tablespoon flour mixture and beat until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, fold in remaining flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Add the mixture to the butter mixture and stir until combined. Press into the mold. Smooth Surface. Press the base of the pan on workbench to settle the fruit and remove the air bubbles.
- Cover the cake with 3 layers brown paper. Bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons brandy over the cake while still hot. Wrap the cake pan in a clean tea towel and leave to cool completely. Remove the cake from the mold and sprinkle with icing sugar. To serve.
Nutritions of Christmas fruit cakefatContent: