get ahead for Christmas and try this easy strawberry shortcake refrigerator cake.
The ingredient of charlotte Strawberry refrigerator cake recipe
- 750g strawberries, hulled, finely chopped
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup cranberry and raspberry juice
- 84 Arno shortbread biscuits (see note)
- 300 ml thickened cream, whipped, to serve
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups thickened cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture, most of the dust
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
The instruction how to make charlotte Strawberry refrigerator cake recipe
- To make Vanilla Mascarpone Cream Using an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form (do not overbeat).
- set aside 1 cup of sliced strawberries. Combine jam and 1 tablespoon juice in a bowl. Pour the remaining juice into a separate bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the cream mixture on a large serving dish to form a rectangle of 20 cm x 28 cm. Working quickly and using 21 biscuits, dip each biscuit in the juice. Arrange biscuits on the cream mixture in 3 lines to form a rectangle. Spread with 3/4 cup of the cream mixture. Arrange 1/4 of the strawberry slices in a single layer on the cream mixture. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of jam mixture. Spread with 3/4 cup of the cream mixture.
- Repeat the operation 2 times with biscuits, cream mixture, strawberries and jam mixture, then finish with a layer of biscuits and a thin layer of cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until the cream and the cookies have softened.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Top with whipped cream, reserved strawberry and the rest of the recipe mixture. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of charlotte Strawberry refrigerator cake recipefatContent: 451.949 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 41.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 3.7 grams protein