Too-left over fruit cake at Christmas time just means more of this fabulous ice cream for dessert.
The ingredient of Christmas cake ice-cream sandwich
- 1 liter of vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup dark choc bits
- 1/4 cup red glace cherries, cut into two
- 750g fruit cake, thinly sliced
- warmed custard, to serve
The instruction how to make Christmas cake ice-cream sandwich
- Grease a 4cm-deep 28cm x 18cm slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 4cm overhang at both ends. Put ice in a large bowl. Add choc bits and cherries. Stir to mix well.
- arrange half of cake slices in the prepared pan, cutting to fit. Top with the ice-cream mixture. With the rest of the cake slices. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 1 hour or until ice cream is firm. Cut into 8 pieces. Serve with pastry cream.
Nutritions of Christmas cake ice-cream sandwichfatContent: 530.58 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 77.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 45 milligrams cholesterol