Christmas is coming, which means that it is time to prepare for this beautiful and moist cherry and almond cake.
The ingredient of Cherry and almond christmas cake
- 260 g (1 1/2 cup) sultanas
- 250g glace cherries, quartered
- 95 g (1/2 cup) mixed peel
- 80 g (1/2 cup) chopped dried apricots
- 65 g (1/2 cup) slivered almonds
- 1 x 100g pkt sucrose-free ginger (Buderim Ginger brand), chopped
- 2 tablespoons of liqueur Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 x 140g ctn apple fruit puree (Goulburn Valley brand)
- 100 g (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 150 g (1 cup) white flour
- 75 g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 45g (about 9) glace cherries, extra, halved
- 30 g (about 30) whole blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur, extra
The instruction how to make Cherry and almond christmas cake
- Combine the raisins, cherries, peel, apricots, almonds, ginger, liqueur and brandy in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 8 hours or overnight to macerate.
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. Brush a deep, square 18cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. The bottom and sides with 2 layers of non-stick baking paper.
- Place apple, sugar, eggs, egg whites and orange zest in a bowl. Use a whisk to mix well. Add the fruit mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix well. Sift combined flour and stir until combined.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared mold. Tap the mold on the table to settle the mixture and smooth the surface. Arrange the extra cherries and almonds over the entire surface in a flower motif. Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- remove the cake from the oven. Pour the liqueur extra on the cake. Wrap it in a saucepan of 2 clean kitchen towels and set aside to cool completely. Put the cake on a grid. Cut into slices to serve.
Nutritions of Cherry and almond christmas cakefatContent: 117.11 calories
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 0.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 2 grams protein