Make this gorgeous Christmas cake in five steps.
The ingredient of Easy Christmas cake
- Melted Lurpak slightly salted butter, to grease
- 800g dried mixed fruit
- 410g jar of fruit mince
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of orange juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brandy
- 250g Western Star Chefs Choice unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons mixed spices
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (160 g) blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam hot
The instruction how to make Easy Christmas cake
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. Grease a deep 22 cm round cake pan with the melted butter. Line the base and side with 3 layers of non-stick baking paper, extending 5cm above edge.
- Combine the dried fruit, fruit mince, orange rind and orange juice in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the berries soften. Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Add the cognac and mix.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture and stir to mix well. Add the combined flower and mixed spice and stir to mix well. Add the eggs and stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Lightly tap the mold on the table to settle the mixture. Arrange the almonds on top of cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, covering cake loosely with foil if top browning. Remove from the oven. Brush hot cake with apricot jam. Cover the cake with aluminum foil. Wrap the cake in a large tea towel and set aside overnight to cool completely.
- Turn the cake on a serving plate to serve.
Nutritions of Easy Christmas cakefatContent: