Give this years Christmas cake a tropical twist with the addition of the pineapple.
The ingredient of Pineapple and macadamia Christmas cake
- 2 cups of mixed dried fruit
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 185g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup self-raising flour, dim
- 1/3 cup milk
- 440g can pineapple rings, drained, to serve
- Whole macadamia nuts, serve
- Candied cherries, to serve
- Ready for the caramel sauce, to serve, if desired
The instruction how to make Pineapple and macadamia Christmas cake
- Place the mixed dried fruit in a large non-metallic bowl. Add the brandy, stir then cover and stand overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and double line a deep 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan.
- Fold a couple of layers of newspaper around the outside of the stove and attach them with string (this will insulate the cake and prevent it from cooking too fast and burning).
- put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the eggs gradually and continue to beat until well combined. Fold through the soaked dried fruit, crushed pineapple and macadamia nuts.
- fold through the flour, alternating with the milk, until the mixture is just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Place the pan on several layers of newspaper and place in the oven. Bake in the oven for 1 3/4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. To serve, garnish with sliced pineapple, macadamia nuts and cherries, and a drizzle of caramel sauce if you wish.
Nutritions of Pineapple and macadamia Christmas cakefatContent: 688.081 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 72 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 46 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein