If youre after a good old fashioned Christmas cake, look no further. This fruity cake will be the star at any festive celebration!
The ingredient of Christmas cake
- 510g (3 cups) sultanas
- 265 g (1 1/2 cups) sunbeam flame raisins
- 155 g (1 cup) currants
- 150 g (1 cup) pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1 x 100g pkt red glace cherries, quartered
- 75 g (1/2 cup) Ocean Spray craisins
- 75 g (1/2 cup) dried pineapple, finely chopped
- 50 g (1/4 cup) mixed peel
- 185ml (3/4 cup) brandy
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- Melted Lurpak slightly salted butter, to grease
- 250g of butter at room temperature
- 200 g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300 g (2 cups) white flour
- 2 teaspoons of spices for gingerbread
- Blanched almonds, to decorate
- Red glace cherries, extra, halved, to decorate
- 2 tablespoons brandy, extra
The instruction how to make Christmas cake
- Combine the raisins, raisins, currants, dates, cherries, craisins, pineapple, mixed peel, brandy and orange rind in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 2 days of maceration.
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with 3 layers of non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well between each addition until just combined. Add the butter mixture to the mixture and stir to mix well. Add the flour and mixed spice and stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Lightly tap the mold on the table to release any air bubbles. Arrange almonds and cherries on the cake.
- Cook in the oven, covered with foil, for 2 hours 40 minutes to 3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Drizzle hot cake with extra brandy. Allow to cool before unmould.
Nutritions of Christmas cakefatContent: