With fruit, the minced beef and the brandy, this dense Christmas cake tastes just like the original, but is safe for people with egg, dairy and gluten allergens. You will need to make the fruit mince at least 1 week before starting the cake.
The ingredient of Vegan and gluten-free Christmas cake recipe
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 185g Nuttelex original dairy-free spread
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup of Brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup halved macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup of pistachios almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup of sultanas
- 1 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried pitted prunes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup of tawny fortified wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
The instruction how to make Vegan and gluten-free Christmas cake recipe
- Place all ingredients in an airtight container. Stir to mix well. The secure lid. Store in a cool, dark place for at least 1 week, stirring every 2 days, to allow the flavours to develop (see notes).
- Preheat the oven to 150 u00b0 C/130 u00b0 C fan forced. Grease a 7cm-deep 19cm (base) square cake pan (see notes). Line base and sides of pan with 1 layer brown paper and 2 layers baking paper, extending paper 5 cm above edges of the pan.
- Place the fruit mince in a large bowl. Discard the star anise and the cinnamon. Place the flax seeds, and 3/4 cup water in a medium bowl. Mix well. Stand for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens. During this time, add dairy products to the free movement of fruit mince. Stir until well combined. Add the mixture of seeds of flax. Stir until well combined. Add the almond meal and the flour. Stir until well combined.
- Spread mixture in the prepared pan. Level the top with a spatula. Using the picture as a guide, decorate the cake with nuts.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Brush hot cake with brandy. Stand for 5 minutes. Fold the paper on the top of the cake and the tower, in the mold, and the head down, on a plate covered with baking paper. Cover with a clean cloth. Cool the cake in the pan, overnight. Serve (see notes).
Nutritions of Vegan and gluten-free Christmas cake recipefatContent: 301.14 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.6 grams protein