Swap the brandy with orange juice for a non-alcoholic version of this spicy chocolate Christmas cake.
The ingredient of Spicy chocolate Christmas cake
- 1kg mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brandy or orange juice
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (275g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35 g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Cloves
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoods Ground Cinnamon
- 100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 3 Coles Brand Australian Egg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) brandy or orange juice, extra
- icing sugar, dust
The instruction how to make Spicy chocolate Christmas cake
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Grease and line a 23cm round (base measurement) cake pan, or 19 cm square (base measurement) cake pan with 3 layers of baking paper, allowing paper to extend 5cm above the coast.
- Mix the fruit, brandy or orange juice, the butter and the brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolves. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon on the fruit blend. Add the chocolate and the eggs. Stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 1 1u20442 hours or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Pour over the extra brandy or orange juice. Wrap the pan in a tea towel and leave to cool completely. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Spicy chocolate Christmas cakefatContent: