These tasty tartlets taste fantastic with a nice cup of tea in the afternoon.
The ingredient of Fresh apricot tartlets
- 200g plain flour
- 110g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 24 apricots halved, stoned
- 150g marzipan
- Milk, to brush
The instruction how to make Fresh apricot tartlets
- Place flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor and process until fine and crumbly. Add egg and process until a ball forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Place caster sugar in a pan with 500ml water and stir over low heat to dissolve. Add apricots (they should be just covered. If not, add some water). Poach gently until tender but intact. Remove apricots and set aside to cool. (The syrup can be chilled, frozen and used again.)
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Remove pastry from fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 40cm circle. Use a small plate to cut six 14cm circles from the dough. Place on the lined tray.
- Thinly slice marzipan and arrange, overlapping, in the centre of each pastry circle, leaving a 5cm border. Cut the apricots into quarters and pile over marzipan. Fold in the edges of the pastry, making little pleats as you go. Brush the edge with milk. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Fresh apricot tartletsfatContent: